If your teeth aren’t as straight as you’d like, protrude past your lips, or bite unevenly, this could be affecting more than the appearance of your smile. Adult orthodontics options like band & bracket braces or ClearCorrect clear aligners from your dentist in Watertown at Watertown Dental Care can help you avoid the perils to your oral health that come with misaligned teeth.
When your teeth are…
Too Tightly Spaced
- You’ll find it’s harder to fit floss between them, or your floss may shred or break.
- Increased risk for plaque or tartar build-up – and gum disease or tooth decay.
- Lost teeth or the need for restorations means you need to spend more money – and more time in the dental chair.
Too Far Apart
- Embarrassment when food becomes trapped in your teeth
- Trapped food feeds the bacteria that are responsible for the acids that cause enamel erosion and tooth decay.
- This again can cost you more in the long run to repair the damage.
Don’t Line Up Properly
- An uneven bite can cause a host of issues including too much pressure being applied in some areas of your mouth and not enough in others.
- Chipped, cracked, or broken teeth from uneven pressure – or damage below the gumline to the root.
- Gum recession can cause tooth sensitivity, a toothy look to your smile, and leave you prone to tooth decay in these newly exposed areas.
The good news?
Teeth can be moved at any age. So, if you felt you should have had orthodontics while you were younger, it’s okay, you haven’t missed the boat. Depending on your individual situation, you may be a candidate for ClearCorrect, or traditional braces might be a better choice for you. Today 1 in 5 orthodontic patients are adults, so there is plenty of time to give you the beautiful – and healthy – smile of your dreams.
Getting a straighter, healthy, easy-to-clean smile is just a phone call away! Contact us today for an adult orthodontics assessment to find out if braces or ClearCorrect in Watertown is the right choice for your smile.
Yours in excellent dental health,
Drs. Bach & Conroy, general dentists in Watertown